Blackmagic Design UltraScope is a 3Gbps SDI and optical-fiber SDI scope. It is designed for editors and colorists. This unit is intended to provide the technical accuracy required for use in broadcast and engineering video work.
- 3Gbps SDI & Optical-Fiber SDI Scope
- This unit is a 3Gbps SDI and optical-fiber SDI scope designed for professional use.
- Parade Display for Colorists
- A real-time RGB parade waveform view is available for color correction. You can see the color balance in blacks, mids, and whites. RGB parade is also well suited for checking for illegal colors because any video that drops below the black line, or above the 100% line, is an illegal RGB color. Parade can also be switched to component to allow you to align equipment and decks.
- Waveform Display for Alignments
- When adjusting video levels or matching black background levels when keying, the waveform display can facilitate this work. Waveform view can be set to luminance-only or composite. Composite video is synthesized from the SDI input, which can make it easier to align traditional equipment such as decks. Since many editors know and understand composite waveform monitors, this module is usually very easy for them to use, despite the fact that it is a digital solution.
- Component Vectorscope View
- A vectorscope is the only way to ensure the accuracy of the colors you see. Use this device to determine if color has been removed or nulled out for accurate white balance or adjust tint, among many other adjustments and readings.
- Histogram for Location Shoots
- Historgram view allows you to see where your pixels are distributed in the spectrum of black to white, thereby ensuring that you make the proper capture and can more effectively manage post-production work.
- Audio view for Monitoring Levels
- Keep track of audio with (8) channels of audio metering plus a stereo phase meter. The stereo phase meter plots left-right audio as an XY scope display so you know exactly what your audio is at all times. The audio scope allows you to see mono audio as you see a vertical line or stereo audio as a scope puff in all directions. Audio problems such as clipping and out-of-phase audio can be seen as a left- or right-leaning display.
- Picture View with VITC Timecode
- The picture view allows you to track video input so you always know what feed is connected to your Blackmagic UltraScope. Input video is selected from either the optical-fiber SDI or regular SDI inputs. The video standard is automatically detected and displayed above the video image. VITC timecode and RP188 HD timecode are also detected and read into a timecode counter on the top, right-hand side of the video image.