Sonnet Fusion DX800RAID With PCle Controller- 48TB systems support RAID 4 (DVRAID), 5, 6, and 10 for balanced performance and protection, RAID 1 for ultimate redundancy, and RAID 0 for pure, unadulterated speed; JBOD support is available, too. Fusion DX800RAID systems even support hot spares—you can set up your RAID group so that one or more designated hot spare drives wait unused in the background to automatically replace a failed drive without you having to lift a finger. All this flexibility is accomplished without switches—a simple to use configuration utility enables you to optimize your setup for specific workflow requirements.
• Large Storage Capacity—48TB (eight 6TB hard drives)
• High Performance—A single Fusion DX800RAID system with eight drives (configured as RAID 5) delivers up to 1300 MB/sec read, 1385 MB/sec write data transfers
• File Protection—Fusion DX800RAID supports RAID levels 4, 5, and 6 to protect data in case of a drive failure (two drives with RAID 6) while maintaining great performance
• Enhanced Data Security—Fusion DX800RAID systems monitor drive performance and automatically map out bad sectors to prevent drive failures, and provides data recovery tools in case a RAID group can’t be rebuilt and is taken offline
• Monitored Operation—SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) and S.M.A.R.T. data reporting provide realtime monitoring of the enclosure and drives
• Quality Components—Universal 100–240V, 50/60Hz power supply; quiet fans
• Easy, Economical Expandability—Internal SAS expander enables you to connect up to 16 DX800RAID enclosures to a single Sonnet RAID controller card
• Better Windows Support—Overcomes volume size limit in Windows XP Pro 32-bit to fully support volumes up to 16TB
• Quick Status Indicators—Drive Activity, Drive Presence, Power, SES, and Link LED indicators
• Complete System—Storage system includes enclosure with Sonnet RAID controller card, drive modules, cables, software, and user's guides
• Cross Platform Compatibility—Supports Mac®, Windows®, and Linux®
HD Optimized Performance:
If you’re working in HD, you need fast and reliable storage. If you’re doing a lot of work in HD, you also need easy expandability and improved file protection. Sonnet’s Fusion DX800RAID storage systems deliver breakthrough performance and proven data safety to meet those needs with affordable, direct attached disk arrays. Fusion DX800RAID storage systems are designed for work environments where high performance and fault tolerance are critical, and simple expandability a must. They are fast enough to easily handle uncompressed HD while protecting the data at the same time, yet flexible enough to be configured for any workflow.
Under real world use (drives 85% filled and fragmented) with its drives formatted as a RAID 5 group (eight drives striped with parity across all group members), a Fusion DX800RAID storage system is capable of single-stream 2K (2048 x 1556) LOG RGB capture and playback. It can achieve up to 1300 MB/sec read, 1385 MB/sec write (AJA Kona 1080HD test), fast enough to handle a single stream of uncompressed 10-bit 1080 4:4:4 HD, or multiple streams of ProRes 422, uncompressed 8-bit 1080 HD, DV, HDV, and DVCPRO video.