Do your storage needs outweigh what your new dual-core Power Mac® G5 can support? Stuff it—with drives, that is! Sonnet's Tempo™ SATA E4i 4-port Serial ATA Host Controller for PCI Express enables you to connect up to 4 additional internal drives(1) for the perfect balance of flexible expandability and superior performance. This card is an ideal companion to our G5 Jive™ internal drive mount system for Power Mac G5 computers—along with your SATA drives, this combination is the most cost effective way for adding up to 4 Terabytes of high-performance capacity to your G5.
Do you need more speed? Tempo SATA E4i offers 3Gb/s per port data transfer support and gives you performance to burn! You'll get great performance from individual drives, but grouping up to four Serial ATA hard drives in a RAID 0 (striped) set will provide astonishing sustained read/write performance numbers enough to capture and process High Definition video! Want more security? Set up your drives in a RAID 1 (mirrored) or RAID 10 (striped/mirrored) set for up to 4 Terabytes of data redundancy. When you need more flexibility and performance than offered by standard solutions, get a Tempo SATA E4i—it'll give you room to grow and blazing performance for the most demanding applications.
- Affordable solution for adding four internal SATA ports to your computer
- 3 Gb/s per port SATA II controller
- Native PCI Express (PCIe) x4 host bus interface for high-performance applications
- Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC) support for compatibility with all SATA drives
- Supports up to 4 drives
- Hot-swap drive support(2)
- Power Mac G5 (with PCI Express slots)
- Mac OS® X Version 10.3+
- PC (with PCI Express x4 slot)
- Windows Vista
- Windows® XP