The black Akai MPK Mini Play from Akai Professional is an ultra-compact keyboard controller with an integrated soundbank and built-in speaker, well suited for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. It features twenty-five velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads in two banks, and four sound-shaping knobs that also work as assignable Q-Link knobs in two banks. With an array of hardware controls, MPK Mini Play allows you to record, compose, and perform whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Dedicated octave up and down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive playing and recording (pedal not included). An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access technologies from Akai Professional’s line of MPC workstations.
The built-in soundbank includes over 128 sounds of varying types including drums. The front panel offers a backlit display and dedicated buttons for selecting keys, drums, favorites, and internal sounds. The integrated speaker allows you to hear while on-the-go for truly mobile performance. The unit may be powered by three AA batteries or via USB bus power. A headphone jack provides a line-level signal for recording or amplifying for full-frequency sound. The Akai MPK Mini Play supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and is compatible with a Mac or Windows computer.
- Built-in sound module with over 128 different sounds
- Integrated speaker for on-the-go performance
- Twenty-five synth-action mini keys
- Four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation control
- Eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with note repeat and full level (2 banks, 16 total)
- Four sound edit knobs / assignable Q-Link knobs (2 banks, 8 total)
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes
- Dedicated octave up and octave down buttons
- Powered by batteries (3 x AA) or USB bus powered
- Ultra-compact design allows for creating anywhere