The AKG D5 is a handheld supercardioid dynamic microphone designed to accurately capture vocals and instruments for artists and audio engineers in clubs, concert venues, and houses of worship. The laminated Varimotion diaphragm exhibits a frequency-independent supercardioid polar pattern for excellent off-axis rejection of audio across the frequency spectrum. This allows high-gain-before-feedback and reduces stage bleed through the mic. Handling noise is minimized via the dual-shock capsule mount while the integrated pop filter impedes plosives and wind noise.
The 70 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and maximum SPL of 147 dB at 1% THD ensure reliable reproduction of various sources from loud vocals to punchy snares. The D5 boasts a rugged die-cast housing and a spring-steel, wire-mesh grille. It ships with a stand adapter and storage bag.
- Rugged die-cast housing for tour-ready durability
- Frequency-independent supercardioid polar pattern provides a focused pickup pattern for enhanced suppression of feedback and noise, allowing high-gain-before-feedback
- Dual-shock mount protects the capsule and minimize handling noise
- Integrated pop filter reduces plosives and wind noise
- Patented AKG laminated Varimotion diaphragm accurately reproduces vocals and a variety of instruments