Made for musicians, podcasters, YouTubers, and live streamers, the Apogee BOOM 2×2 USB-C Audio Interface combines Apogee’s legendary studio-quality sound with a host of professional features designed to optimize your workflow for content creation on the go. Record, monitor, and mix through a class-leading mic preamp and pristine 24-bit / 192 kHz digital conversion. Sculpt your sound using the Apogee Symphony ECS Channel Strip (onboard hardware DSP) tuned by legendary mixer Bob Clearmountain.
Apogee BOOM lets you create your complete podcast and streaming production environment with the onboard mixer and Loopback mode. Monitor your recordings with clarity and fine detail through the audiophile-quality headphone output. Apogee BOOM comes with Ableton Live Lite DAW to get you started right away. All you have to do is connect directly to your Mac, iPad Pro, or Windows laptop, and let your ideas flow.
Apogee Studio-Quality Sound
- Best-in-class sound quality with 35 years of multi-award-winning Apogee Analog and digital engineering.
- BOOM’s conversion stages employ high-end analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog components, not low-end codecs.
- Pure digital connection for up to 24-bit / 192 kHz recording.
- All inputs accept a professional-spec maximum input level of +18 dBu, ensuring a pristine audio signal even with the loudest sources.
- Mic preamps offer a class-leading 62 dB of gain, for capturing delicate sources with clarity.
- Providing an audiophile experience, BOOM’s zero-ohm headphone output is able to drive even high-impedance hi-fi headphones with power, clarity, and a perfectly balanced frequency response.
Connecting Your Studio
- Connect microphones, guitars, keyboards, and line-level audio devices to the front-panel IN1 XLR-1/4″ combo jack. (When using condenser mics, be sure to engage 48V phantom power).
- Connect guitars, synthesizers, and line-level audio devices to the IN2 1/4″ jack.
- On the BOOM back panel, connect your studio monitors to the left and right 1/4″ SP (speaker) outputs.
- Connect headphones to the 1/4″ HP (headphone) output.
Front-panel meters enable you to visualize the current input- or output-level setting.
Apogee Control 2 Software
- The included Apogee Control 2 software provides access to all settings including System setup, direct-monitor mixing, hardware DSP, and monitor controller functionality.
Go with the Best Workflow
- Musicians, Songwriters, Engineers
From recording guitars to vocals to synthesizers, Apogee BOOM captures every nuance of your performance, while you record with zero effects latency.
- Whether you’re recording basic tracks or adding the final touches on your mix, the Symphony ECS Channel Strip (built-in DSP) offers simple but comprehensive vintage-modeled 3-band EQ, Clearmountain-tuned compression with automatic make-up gain, and saturation for enhancing your tracks with minimum fuss and maximum results.
- Whether you are recording your first podcast episode in your bedroom or traveling to capture your show, BOOM’s mic preamp has enough gain to drive professional content-creation microphones including the popular Shure SM7B broadcast mic.
- Use the onboard Mixer and Loopback mode to set up the ideal live-streaming production. You can listen to your game, Spotify playlist, and chat notifications all at the same time and at the perfect level.
The Road-Ready Sidekick
- BOOM’s compact and rugged design makes it the perfect sidekick for capturing content anywhere. Built with a steel casing and rubber pads along the base, Apogee BOOM is sure to withstand the rigors of the road.
Record Right Away with Ableton Live Lite
- Bundled with Apogee BOOM is the Ableton Live Lite DAW, which offers a fresh and easy way to write, record, produce, and perform your own music. It includes essential workflows, instruments, and effects for creating new sounds, recording ideas, performing onstage, and much more.
Features at a Glance
- 2×2 USB audio interface with USB Type-C port
- Totally portable and bus-powered
- Compatible with macOS, iPad Pro, Windows, and iPhone (with optional adapter)
- Up to 24-bit / 192kHz recording
- Built-in hardware DSP—Symphony ECS Channel Strip plug-in tuned by legendary mixer Bob Clearmountain
- 1 balanced XLR-1/4″ combo mic/line/instrument input
- 1 balanced 1/4″ instrument/line input
- 1/4″ zero-ohm headphone output
- Left/Right 1/4″ balanced speaker outputs
- Kensington lock
- Apogee loopback and onboard mixer
- Includes Apogee Control 2 software for macOS, iOS, and Windows
- Includes Ableton Live Lite DAW (free license + download with registration)