Purpose-built for podcasters and content creators on a limited budget, the Audio Technica AT2040 Dynamic Podcast Microphone benefits from A-T’s decades of expertise in constructing trusted microphones for the studio and stage. The Audio Technica AT2040 Dynamic Podcast Microphone features a large-diaphragm dynamic capsule in a classic end-address configuration, just like traditional broadcast-style mics used by pros. Not only does the mic deliver a warm, yet robust vocal tone, but it also picks up minimal background noise and room reflections, thanks to its hypercardioid polar pattern.
By incorporating an internal multistage pop filter, the Audio Technica AT2040 Dynamic Podcast Microphone is able to reduce vocal plosives—popping sounds from strong consonants such as ‘p’ and ‘b’—without relying on an external pop screen. Additionally, the integrated shock mount helps prevent noise from stand handling and other vibrations while keeping the overall size down. Due to its XLR 3-pin output connector and low sensitivity, the Audio Technica AT2040 Dynamic Podcast Microphone should be used with a mic preamp that can provide moderate to high gain. Being a dynamic mic, it requires no batteries or phantom power.
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock, and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom, or mount.
Internal Pop Filter
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Highly Directional Pickup
The hyper-cardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional-quality sound with minimal background noise and room reflections.
Features at a Glance
- The dynamic microphone delivers a warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- An integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock, and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms, and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- XLR 3-pin male output connector
- No batteries or phantom power required
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch