EXP14, a D’Addario 80/20 Bronze hybrid gauge, combines the medium gauge bottom strings for increased resonance and volume with light gauge top strings for more comfortable playability and single note bending. A popular choice for bluegrass pickers but suitable for many genres.
- D’Addario EXPs are the most natural-sounding, longest-lasting coated strings available. EXP Coated Technology starts with the highest quality wrap wire materials, precision drawn and micro-coated on our advanced proprietary machinery. Strings are then wound normally, delivering tone and feel identical to D’Addario’s world renowned acoustic strings, with a minimum of 4 times more life. You won’t believe they are coated!
- A D’Addario hybrid gauge, combining medium bottom strings with light top strings. Big sound with comfortable playability
- Extra-bright tone mixed with deep and projecting bottom end, EXP Coated for 4 times more life
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016, Bronze Wound .025, .035, .045, .056
- This 6-string set of
EXP14 Light Top/Medium Bottom Bluegrass Coated 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings
- from D’Addario features a combination of EXP-coated 80/20 bronze wire wrapped around a break-resistant core wire made from the company’s NY high-carbon steel. This advanced construction delivers unprecedented strength and pitch stability while maintaining the familiar uncoated tone and adding up to four times more life than with traditional strings.
- The EXP14s provide an extra-bright sound with improved intonation and deep, projecting bottom end. They combine medium-gauge bottom strings for increased resonance with light-gauge top strings for comfortable playability and single-note bending. A popular choice for bluegrass pickers but suitable for many genres.
- Hybrid gauge combines medium bottom strings with light top strings for a big sound with comfortable playability
- EXP-coated 80/20 bronze wrap wire maintains familiar uncoated tone while adding up to four times more life compared to traditional strings
- Break-resistant, NY high-carbon steel core wire delivers unprecedented strength and pitch stability
- Extra-bright tone mixed with deep and projecting bottom end
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion-resistant packaging keeps strings fresh
- Made in the USA