This set of NYXL1156 Medium Top / Extra-Heavy Bottom NYXL Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings from D’Addario is optimally designed for tuning guitars down a whole step to D, while maintaining a comfortable playing tension comparable to a standard regular-light gauge set.
The strings are built with the company’s exclusive New York-manufactured, break-resistant, high-carbon steel. They utilize a proprietary wire drawing process coupled with a “fusion twist” process to provide more strength and up to 131% greater tuning stability. A reformulated nickel-plated steel with enhanced magnetic properties is wrapped around a hexagonally shaped steel core, resulting in higher output and enhanced midrange frequency response for more presence and crunch.
- Optimally designed for tuning guitars down a whole step to D or for players who prefer a heavier string setup
- D’Addario’s exclusive New York-manufactured, break-resistant, high-carbon steel alloy for increased strength
- Improved tuning stability compared to traditional nickel-wound strings helps you get in tune fast and stay in tune longer
- High output and enhanced midrange frequency response in the 1 to 3.5 kHz range – more presence and crunch to cut through the mix
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion-resistant packaging keeps strings fresh
- Made in the USA