D’Addario’s proprietary high-carbon steel core and fusion twist technology, ensuring that they bend farther and stay in tune better — even under the duress of a live performance. XT strings boast nickel-plated windings with enhanced magnetic properties for increased output and juiced midrange. You’ll appreciate the presence and crunch that you get out of D’Addario’s XT electric guitar strings.
Thin, durable coating protects every string
XT strings feature D’Addario’s thinnest and most durable coating yet. This nearly imperceptible coating protects every string from corrosion — even the plain steel strings — while maintaining the natural feel and tone of their popular NYXL series. D’Addario is the only string company who draws wire, coats it, then winds it — other companies apply the coating after the strings are made. If you’re dissatisfied with most coated electric guitar strings, give D’Addario XT strings an audition. You’ll be impressed.
- .010, .013, .017, .030, .042, .052
- Thin, durable coating protects every string — even the plain steel strings
- Excellent presence and crunch that cut through a busy mix
- High-carbon steel core yields unrivaled strength and elasticity
- Improved tuning stability compared to traditional nickel-wound strings
- Wound strings with enhanced midrange frequency response in the 1–3.5kHz range
- XT strings are manufactured in D’Addario’s New York factory