The Hercules DJMonitor 42 Active Multimedia Speakers are sold as a pair and well suited for DJ monitoring applications, project studio recording, laptop audio, gaming consoles, and much more. The DJMonitor 42’s design utilizes a powered right speaker that connects to the passive left speaker. The internal amplifier provides 80W of (peak) power to the 4″ woofer and tweeter, which combine to offer a frequency response of 60 Hz to 20 kHz. The MDF enclosure is ported for enhanced bass response.
The rear of the left speaker features the power plug, stereo RCA inputs, and the terminal block to connect the right satellite speaker. The front of the active speaker features controls for volume, treble, and bass, as well as a 3.5mm auxiliary input and a 3.5mm headphone output. The Hercules DJMonitor 42 includes a 3.5mm TRS to stereo RCA, a satellite connection cable, and a power cable.
- Designed with high-end components for optimal precision and sound reproduction as well as exceptional listening quality
- Volume, bass, and treble controls from front of speaker
- 3.5mm auxiliary input
- 3.5mm headphone output
- Engineers developed DJMonitor 42 speakers in a professional anechoic chamber.
- Input from specialists in the world of DJing and an in-depth study by audio professionals allowed for optimization of the speakers’ performance
- 4″ woofer
- Shifted vents and tweeters for great sound spatialization
- Clear and powerful sound
- For optimal positioning of the speakers, there should be a 60° angle between the two satellites, and between the user and the satellites
- It is also important that the speakers be positioned at a height whereby the listener’s ears are level with the midpoint between the speaker’s tweeters and wide-band drivers