Ibanez builds guitars for all levels of players – from beginners to the most demanding masters of the instrument. Regardless of price, Ibanez always strives to offer the absolute best sound, style, and playability in its class.
It all started in 1987, as the debut of the Ibanez RG was a milestone in rock guitar history. With its spartan look, supreme playability and versatility due to innovative specs, the RG made a big impact then, and is still evolving today. The Ibanez Genesis Collection brings back vibe of the “good old days” with precise construction by Japanese craftsmanship, proving that this iconic guitar has always led the rock guitar scene.
A prominent feature of the original RG is the ultra thin Super Wizard neck – constructed of five solid pieces of Maple & Walnut for absolute rock solid stability to provide extra-smooth playing. With the classic Edge tremolo bridge, the most extreme sonic acrobatics can be fearlessly performed with confidence that the guitar will effortlessly return to perfect tuning. The original Ibanez V7, S1, and V8 pickups offer a wide range of sound and attack when combined with the 5-way pickup switch. Additionally, incredible tuning stability is achieved through the use of the Gotoh machine heads.
- Solid basswood body
- Super Wizard 5-piece Maple/Walnut neck, Maple fretboard w/Black dot inlay, Jumbo frets
- Ibanez V7 and V8 humbucking in bridge and neck, S1 single coil in middle, 5-way pickup switch
- Edge tremolo bridge, Gotoh tuners, Black Hardware
- Neck shape: Super Wizard
- Neck wood: Maple/walnut
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod:
- Neck finish: Info not available
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 43mm
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: High output humbucker
- Middle: Single-coil
- Bridge: High output humbucker
- Brand: Ibanez
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No