The GX49 from Nektar is 49-key USB MIDI keyboard controller featuring a pitch-bend wheel, modulation wheel, and footswitch socket. Two multi-colored octave buttons enable shifting the keyboard range by -3 or +4 octaves, with the LED colors showing exact status. Dedicated transpose buttons allow for shifting the keyboard range by +/- 12 semitones. The buttons can quickly be re-purposed to change the global MIDI channel, or send program messages. Additionally an assignable potentiometer provides control over any MIDI parameter, which by default controls mixer volume.
Eight buttons provide DAW control, and when combined with Nektar DAW Integration, extend functionality to include control over transport and a host of other important DAW functions. The buttons can also be assigned to MIDI messages for use with any MIDI software that’s not supported by Nektar DAW Integration. A primary and a secondary message, accessed via the shift button, can be programmed for each of seven buttons, delivering a total of fourteen programmable options.
Each of the fourteen assignable MIDI buttons, the modulation wheel, footswitch, and the big control knob can be assigned to send out MIDI CC messages. The assignable buttons can additionally be configured to send out a program message or MMC transport control. Transport controls with the ability to go to and set locators, track navigation, volume control, launching windows and patch navigation are also available. Bitwig 8-Track software is included to provide a ready-to-create solution.
- 49 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys
- Four keyboard-velocity curve settings and three fixed-velocity options
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Two transpose buttons
- Two octave-shift buttons
- Nektar DAW Integration for many of the most commonly used DAWs
- Eight buttons for DAW control – seven dual-function buttons and one shift button
- Buttons can also be assigned to MIDI messages for use with any MIDI software that’s not supported by Nektar DAW Integration
- Seven transport buttons with secondary level (accessed via shift button) for fourteen MIDI controls
- USB port for power and data connection to a computer
- Sustain foot switch jack (pedal not included)
- Included Bitwig 8-Track provides access to over fifty software instruments and effects for use on up to eight audio or MIDI project tracks, along with any 3rd-party VST plug-ins