Rode NT55 Compact Condenser Microphone – Single Microphone
Rode NT55 is a compact condenser microphone designed to accurately reproduce vocals and general instruments in recording and sound reinforcement applications. The NT55 features a 3-position pad switch for added headroom while capturing loud, peaking audio signal. A 3-position low-cut filter switch eliminates low frequency noise. The NT55 is a great choice for vocals, guitar, drums, cabinets and more. The NT55 includes interchangeable omnidirectional and cardioid capsules for even further flexibility.
- Interchangeable Capsules
- Omnidirectional and cardioid capsules are included for added flexibility.
- Externally biased condenser
- Cardioid or Omni polar pattern using included interchangable capsules
- Gold sputtered 1/2” capsule
- Three position PAD – 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
- Three position High-Pass Filter – flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Available as Certified Matched Pair
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
Like the NT5, the RØDE NT55 is a small-diaphragm, true-condenser cardioid microphone, sometimes referred to as a ‘pencil mic’. The NT55 adds both a three position pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) and three stage high pass filter (Off, 75Hz, 150Hz), and includes the interchangeable NT45-O omnidirectional capsule.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2″ capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT55 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The NT55 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE’s industry leading 10 year warranty