If you’re in need of something a little more versatile than a conventional USB microphone, check out the Samson G-Track Pro, which expands versatility to a high-quality condenser microphone with a built-in USB audio interface—one that can easily record guitars, basses, and other instruments. Plug this spiffy black G-Track Pro into your computer, and you can record yourself singing and playing guitar without any other device.
That’s the headline, but under the hood are a bevy of useful features. You can record two dedicated tracks, for example, so you can mix the vocals and instruments independently after the recording. A built-in mixer is also on hand to control levels, give you the ability to monitor headphones, and mute the input signal at will. With multiple polar patterns built into the mic, the G-Track can give you a variety of sounds tailored to your particular recording situation. An integrated stand and an included USB cable make it easy to get up and running.
A Great Sound for Your Recordings
- The G-Track Pro is equipped with 1″ dual capsules that capture the nuances of your voice or instrument.
Multiple Polar Patterns for Multiple Uses
- To optimize the sound of your recording, three selectable polar patterns—Cardioid, Figure-8, and Omnidirectional—allow you to choose what the mic picks up and rejects. Use Cardioid to home in on your voice, or use Figure-8 if you’re harmonizing with a friend. Omnidirectional will pick up the whole room evenly, which also has its benefits. The point is this: you get to experiment!
Built-In High-Quality Audio Interface
- The built-in audio interface captures 96 kHz/24-bit audio, which is on the high-end of what professional studios use. The interface itself includes a 1/4″ mono instrument input that enables singer/songwriters to quickly capture vocal and instrument performances simultaneously. The mic and instrument can be recorded on the same tracks for streaming content or on separate tracks for postproduction editing.
- The built-in mixer offers independent volume controls for the mic and instrument, 3.5mm stereo/headphone output with independent level, and a mute button that silences the input signals when needed. The monitoring system allows you to choose a variety of playback options for headphones or monitors, with zero-latency monitoring of the input signals.
Great Includes and Integrations
- The G-Track Pro features an integrated desktop base and die-cast zinc construction with a heavy-gauge mesh grille. It ships with a USB cable.