- Supercardioid polar pattern remains uniform throughout the frequency range allowing higher gain before feedback and reduced background noise pickup.
- Wide dynamic range (113 dB) and low distortion characteristics.
- Phantom powered, accepts voltages from 11 to 52 volts.
- Smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 18 kHz with a gradual presence rise and minimal off-axis coloration.
- Low susceptibility to RFI, electrostatic and electro-magnetic hum.
- Advanced cartridge shockmount system reduces handling noise.
Shure BETA 87A Supercardioid Handheld Condenser Microphone
The Shure BETA 87A is a premium-quality supercardioid handheld electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications,
- Supercardioid electret condenser mic
- Redesigned with a thicker shank for hand-held comfort
- Break-resistant swivel adapter
- Low-frequency roll-off
- 3-stage pop filter
- 50Hz-18kHz frequency response
(Electret Bias) Condenser
50 Hz – 20 kHz
|Maximum Input Sound Level||
140.5 dB @ 1 kHz 1% THD
117 dB @ 1 kHz 1 kOhm load
Phantom 11 – 52 VDC, 1.2 mA
150 Ohms (100 Ohms actual ±20%)
|Dimensions (Ø x L)||
2 x 7.56" / 51 x 192 mm
7 oz. (200 g)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||
10.1 x 5 x 3.3"