The Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone is a dynamic microphone with a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications.
It features a cardioid polar pattern, bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls, and shielding against broadband interference. An internal air suspension shock isolation helps to eliminate mechanical noise transmission, and a yoke mount facilitates mounting and provides precise control of the mic position.
Flat, Wide-Range Frequency Response
- The flat-frequency response enhances the midrange and high frequencies that are associated with the human voice.
Rejection of Electromagnetic Hum
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum—optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors.
Air Suspension Shock Isolation
- Internal air suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission.
- The detachable close-talk windscreen eliminates the need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds—even for close-up vocals or narration.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Cardioid polar pattern effectively isolates signal source improving gain before feedback.