The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production. They combine exceptional performance and comfortable feel with a handsome on-camera appearance.
The VP64A and VP64AL are identical except for handle length. The 7 7/8″ (200 mm) long VP64A is ideal for close-up use and can be used outside as well as indoors. The VP64AL is well-suited to location interviews, sports broadcasting, and other situations where the 9 5/8″ (244 mm) length is an advantage.
The omnidirectional pickup pattern provides uniform pickup on or off axis, eliminating the need for critical microphone positioning. The VP64A series also features a tailored frequency response with an upper midrange presence rise that adds crispness and clarity to speech. The cartridge utilizes a neodymium magnet for higher output and increased signal-to-noise ratio.
The cartridge is housed in a rubber isolation mount for ruggedness and to minimize handling noise.It is protected by a water-resistant mesh that enables the microphone to be used during the most challenging weather conditions. For added wind and “pop” protection, use the supplied windscreen.
- Neodymium magnet for increased output and maximized signal-to-noise ratio
- Frequency response tailored for optimum speech clarity and crispness
- Omnidirectional polar pattern eliminates need for critical microphone positioning
- Rubber isolation mount for low handling noise
- Water-resistant mesh repels water under challenging weather conditions
- Supplied windscreen provides extra protection to further reduce pop and wind pickup
- Comfortable feel
- Handsome appearance; ideal for on-camera applications