- Thunderbolt 3 Interface
2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) Ports
1 x PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot
Supports Full-Height, Half-Length Cards
The Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System from Sonnet provides a PCIe 3.0 x8 slot for Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebooks, SFF desktop systems, and other computers without a PCIe slot. The Echo Express SE I supports full-height PCIe cards, featuring a length up to 7.75″. For supporting a wide variety of PCI cards, it sports one expansion slot that can accommodate double-width PCI cards or single-width PCI cards coming with a daughter card. It is suitable for connecting one professional video capture, audio interface, SAS or SATA HBA, 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb Ethernet, or RAID controller PCIe card, which operates over the Thunderbolt connection. There’s also an integrated variable-speed fan for cooling your PCI card and the SE I’s internal components.
- The Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System comes with two Thunderbolt 3 ports, letting you daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt devices to your computer. Each of the two Thunderbolt 3 ports transmits data at a rate of up to 40 Gbps and offers a USB Type-C design, so you can connect the included 1.6′ Thunderbolt 3 cable on the first try. Moreover, a ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip is supplied to help ensure the cable stays connected to the chassis.
- Note: The Echo Express SE I is not compatible with the DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G card due to daughter card mounting requirements.
- Designed to accommodate cards up to 7.75″ long, the Echo Express SE I – Thunderbolt 3 Edition supports most PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.0, and PCIe 1.1 cards, which are compatible over a Thunderbolt connection.
- Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok Included
- To connect the Echo Express SE I – Thunderbolt 3 Edition to your computer, Sonnet includes a 1.6′ (0.5m) Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) cable and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure the cable to the Echo chassis. Accidental cable disconnection can lead to data loss. Sonnet’s ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use-just slide it over one end of the cable and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew.