- 2 x CFast 2.0 Card Slots
Thunderbolt 3 Cable (User Replaceable)
Dual Slot Transfers up to 1000 MB/s
Single Slot Transfers up to 550 MB/s
- Built using extruded aluminum for greater durability, the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader from Sonnet features dual CFast 2.0 slots and 40 Gb/s of Thunderbolt 3 bandwidth to quickly ingest footage from CFast 2.0 and CFast 1.0 memory cards. Thanks to this bandwidth, both card slots can be used simultaneously at speeds up to 1000 MB/s. When only one card slot is being used, data is transferred at speeds up to 550 MB/s. This card reader connects to your compatible Windows or Mac system using an use-replaceable Thunderbolt 3 cable, and is powered using the Thunderbolt 3 bus, which means that no external power supplies are required. Should the Thunderbolt 3 cable break, it can be replaced by removing the reader’s back cover plates, unplugging the cable, and then plugging in a replacement.
- Please note that this card reader requires Thunderbolt 3 and will work with Windows 10 or macOS 10.12.6 or later, including Mojave.
- General Features
- Built with an integrated Thunderbolt 3 cable, the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader employs its dual card slots to take advantage of the 40 Gb/s bandwidth offered by Thunderbolt 3. Capable of ingesting files simultaneously from two cards at concurrent data transfer speeds up to 1000+ MB/s, which is more than double the average ingest speed of USB 3.0 card readers, using the Sonnet reader makes for a significantly more convenient and efficient workflow.
- Compact and Rugged
- Measuring a compact 5.75 x 1.0 x 3.5″, the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader is suitable for use in most workspaces, even where space is tight. The reader’s shell is made from extruded aluminum, making it lightweight, and yet rugged enough to be transported in an equipment bag without fear of damaging the case.
- Bus Powered by Thunderbolt 3
- The SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader connects directly to your Mac or Windows computer’s Thunderbolt 3 port or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device chain. Requiring only a single cable to connect to your computer, this high-performance reader is bus powered, meaning that no separate power supply is required.
- Replaceable Captive Cable
- Through the use of a captive cable, the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader’s Thunderbolt 3 cable remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can be replaced by removing the reader’s back cover plates, unplugging the cable, and then plugging in a replacement.
- Mac Compatibility
- A Thunderbolt 3-equipped Mac with macOS 10.12.6 or later, including Mojave
- Windows Compatability
A Thunderbolt 3-equipped Windows system running Windows 10