The Audio-Technica AT898 lavalier microphone is designed to be mounted on, or hidden underneath clothing. It’s slim low-profile design is ideal for broadcast and theatrical applications. The tailored frequency response accentuates the frequency response of vocals while minimizing low frequency noise. A low-frequency roll-off switch further minimizes noise due to hum, ambiance and proximity effect. The AT898 features a condenser element with a cardioid polar pattern. The cardioid pattern is effective in minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule. The microphone includes the AT8537 phantom power supply module.
Low Profile Design
- The slim, miniature profile of the AT898 is ideal for broadcast, video and performance applications.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and off-axis audio that can cause feedback.
Tailored Frequency Response
- The tailored frequency response minimizes low-frequency noise while accentuating the frequency range of vocals.
Low Frequency Roll-Off
- A low frequency roll-off switch minimizes noise and low frequency audio caused by ambiance, proximity effect, etc.
Battery or Phantom Power
- The included AT8537 power supply is capable of either phantom or battery power.