The 4-710d from Universal Audio is a high-end, 4-channel microphone/line preamplifier with tube and solid-state tone blending capabilities. The dual signal path is perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources, with each channel offering selectable 1176-style compression circuitry. Four additional line inputs feed 8-channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion.
- The 1176-style compression include specially tuned “fast” and “slow” settings, and can be completely switched out of the signal chain. Each of the microphone preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path. Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
- The 8 analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit analog to digital converters at selectable sample rates up to 192kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT Lightpipe connectors (SMUX supported), or via a 25-pin D-sub connector for 8-channels of AES/EBU, allowing for easy integration with most popular audio interfaces.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity microphone/line preamps
Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance with auto input override
Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level and gain reduction
Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
48V phantom power individually switchable
75Hz low-cut filter
Monolithic balanced output stage
- Analog-to-Digital Conversion
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit analog to digital conversion
Selectable sample rates up to 192kHz
Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
75Ω BNC work clock I/O
Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit