Designed for the location sound recordist, the F-Control from Zoom is a mixing control surface designed for the F8n, F8, and F4 multitrack field recorders. It creates a complete and professional audio rig that offers a broad spectrum of creative possibilities with complete control over sound design and mixing.
The interface provides nine 60mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming. Monitoring channel and output levels is simple with 12-segment LED meters, three user-programmable buttons, and a dedicated timecode button.
Additional controls include Track Scene Edit buttons which provide shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take. The unit connects to the F8/F4 recorder via USB for a seamless and uncluttered setup, while an additional USB port lets you connect an external keyboard to quickly enter metadata while out in the field. An included 1/4″ stereo cable connects the F8/F4 phone out to F-Control’s phone in, so you can monitor audio via F-Control’s headphone jack.
The durable metal chassis is robust enough to go anywhere, and yet small and light enough to fit into gear bags and backpacks. The F-Control can be powered by an optional DC power supply or via the included four AA batteries. Additionally, the unit can be USB-powered when using the F4 (not available with the F8). The F-Control ships with a stereo audio cable and a USB cable.
- Nine faders (eight + Master), each 60mm
- 1/4″ headphone jack USB port for external keyboard connection
- Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming
- 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels
- Dedicated timecode buttons
- Track Scene edit buttons: Shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take screens
- Power options: 4 x AA batteries, 4-pin Hirose connector with external battery pack, and USB bus power via the F4 (not available with the F8)
- Durable metal chassis
- Compatible with Zoom F8n, F8, and F4 multitrack field recorders