The Zoom G1X Four is a multi-effects processor designed for use with electric guitars, giving you an included expression pedal to provide continuously variable control over certain effects. Offered in an easy to use stompbox format, the G1X Four sports a wide selection of processes, amp emulations, and other features, such as an onboard 30-second looper and a chromatic tuner. With 68 built-in rhythm patterns, you can add drum loops to the mix, which can quite helpful during looping.
Distortion, chorus, reverb, and more are all on hand, as are 13 amp models that simulate classic combinations. Some effects benefit from the use of an expression pedal, so you can change the effect’s amount in a smooth gradual way. You can tweak the pedal’s operation in the digital realm through the G1X Four’s display screen, or physically, employing a 5mm hex wrench to change the torque of the pedal itself.
Five effects can be chained at any time and in any order. You can save these effects in one of the 50 user-preset patches. Switch among patches (or banks of patches) quickly with the tap of a toe, so you can change your live or studio sound with ease. You can also change global characteristics to retain a sense of unity among patches. A three-knob tone stack and the overall output level knob do not change as you cycle through your sounds.
The pedal sports over 70 different effects, and you can edit or add more effects from your computer too. Simply hook the pedal up to your Mac or Windows machine over a USB cable and add effects from Zoom’s Guitar Lab software.
The G1X Four provides one 1/4″ instrument input, one 3.5mm input for mobile devices and media players, and a combined amp/headphone output. The unit runs on four AA batteries, giving you up to 18 hours of run time. You can also power the unit with a dedicated ZOOM AD-16 AC adapter, or over USB.
Key Features at a Glance
- Over 70 built-in effects
- 13 amp models for simulating classic rigs
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously
- Chain effects together in any order
- Built-in expression pedal
- Change sensitivity of expression pedal via the menu and display
- Tweak physical response of expression pedal with a 5mm hex key (available separately)
- Looper records up to 30 seconds depending on BPM (64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times)
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns, which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Auto save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable
- Both active and passive instruments supported)
- Auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- Runs on 4 AA batteries
- Alkaline battery life of up to 18 hours
- USB port for firmware updates, power, and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab