Aimed at intermediate and accomplished players, the Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard is an easy-to-use, all-around keyboard that packs in 800 AiX high-quality sounds and an advanced feature set into a sleek and highly portable package, for composing, arranging, and performing.
With 61 full-size, touch-sensitive keys, three assignable knobs, and a pitch-bend wheel for controlling modulation, effects, and filters, it makes for a highly creative playing experience when practicing at home, songwriting, rehearsing, or for the stage.
With 243 auto-accompaniment rhythms that include drum machines, acoustic drums, world instruments, bass lines, and more, you always have a band ready to jam.
There is also an audio sampler that enables you to create your own custom sounds and drum kits. The CT-S500 is powered via the AC adapter (available separately). or with 6 AA batteries
Sophistication in a Compact, Portable Design
- One of the CT-S500’s most attractive qualities is its compact size; lightweight (at 10 lb.) and portable to make carrying it to the studio or stage a breeze.
- It’s an advantage you can appreciate at home too, especially if you like to set up and play whenever and wherever the mood takes you. There’s even a strap pin—so no keyboard stand, table, or desk is required.
800 High-Quality AiX-Powered Sounds
- The Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard is powered by Casio’s advanced AiX Sound Source.
- Developed specifically for instruments focused on sound, it is capable of generating a wide range of high-quality and highly expressive tones.
- The keyboard contains 800 sounds for you to explore and enjoy. Included is a set of Advanced Tones designed for maximum expression and creativity for showcasing the power of the AiX Sound Source.
- There is also a collection of Casio Classic Tones handpicked from the company’s long line of classic Casio keyboards.
Effects to Take Your Musical Expression to the Next Level
- The CT-S500 features a range of onboard effects, from compressor and phaser to distortion and wah, to further sculpt your sound.
- Choose from 100 types of DSP effects for each of the four available effect chains, and assign effect parameters to the physical knobs to dynamically control the sound in real time.
- When it comes to system-wide effects, the Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard offers reverb, chorus, and delay.
- And because two independent effect chains can be applied to two separate tones, you can switch back and forth seamlessly. Even when layering two sounds or splitting the keyboard, you can still apply separate effect chains to each tone.
- When using the auto accompaniment feature, you can apply different effects to the lead (melody) part and the accompaniment part.
Sample Any Sound to Create Music
- Don’t be limited by the built-in tones: the Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard can also sample sounds from your smart device as either pitched tones or drum sounds.
- When used as a pitched tone, the sample can be used to play melodies and other musical lines. When used in a drum set, the samples can be used to replace individual drum sounds.
Small Size, Big Sound
- Switch on the Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard and you’re ready to start playing. The built-in speakers are designed around Casio’s advanced Horizontal Bass-Reflex System, which delivers powerful low-end sound in spite of the keyboard’s compact dimensions.
- Switch on the surround sound function and experience the power and vibration of the music or the volume-sync EQ that automatically adjusts the tone in relation to the volume, for a full sound even at low volumes.
Easy-to-Use Console Panel for Real-Time Sound Control
- The console panel, comprising an LCD screen and a minimum number of buttons, dials, and knobs, makes real-time control of sounds quick and intuitive.
- Save your own sounds, rhythms, and effect settings as presets for immediate recall, and assign frequently used functions to the five soft buttons under the LCD screen.
Let the Music Play with Bluetooth Audio
- The included WU-BT10 Bluetooth adapter adds wireless MIDI and audio capabilities, so you can stream songs from your mobile device through the keyboard’s speaker system, or explore a whole world of Bluetooth-compatible MIDI devices and software.
- The Casio Music Space app for iOS and Android (connected via Bluetooth or a USB cable) offers deep control of all the CT-S500’s functions.
Ready, Steady, Connect
- The Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard plays nicely with other gear, too, offering a range of connection options.
- The two 1/4″ L/R line-out jacks let you easily connect a PA system, keyboard amp, or other equipment for live performances, recording sessions, or other settings—and, the built-in speakers can be muted if required.
- The USB-B port connects your CT-S500 to any Mac/Windows computer or iOS/Android device, with no drivers or installation needed.
- Connect other MIDI-compatible equipment and use the Casio CT S500 61 Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard as a MIDI sound source or as a MIDI controller.
- The USB-A port enables you to connect an external USB flash drive.
- Use the free Casio Music Space app for iOS/Android to learn MIDI songs, play audio files with pitch and tempo adjustments, view PDF scores, and more.
- 243 built-in rhythms plus 50 user rhythms and auto-accompaniment programs in a range of styles that allow a single player to create ensemble performances.
- Touch-sensitivity: Control the intensity of notes for richly expressive playing.
- Split: Divide the keyboard into left and right sections each with a different tone.
- Layer: Combine two separate tones together for broader performance possibilities.
- Pitch-bend wheel: Smoothly bend the pitch of notes up or down.
- Arpeggiator: Automatically generate chord arpeggios and other musical phrases.
- 6-track MIDI recorder: Record and playback your performances.
- Lesson function for practicing left hand, right hand, or both hands
- Metronome: Useful for both practice and playing.
- Registration: Save up to 64 presets (16 banks of 4 presets) containing various settings including sound, rhythm, and more.
- Phones jack Tuck yourself away from the world as you play.
- MIDI controller: Use the keyboard as a full-featured MIDI controller for other MIDI equipment.
- MIDI clock sync: Send/receive MIDI clock data to sync tempo with other MIDI equipment.