Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT
DJs looking for a 4-deck controller without breaking the bank will appreciate the graphite Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT performance controller for Rekordbox, Serato DJ Pro, Virtual DJ, and Traktor Pro 3.
The controller is bus-powered and unlocks both rekordbox DJ and Serato DJ Pro software without the need for a subscription. Virtual DJ requires a license key, while Traktor Pro 3 requires you to import a mapping file (TSI).
The format of the controller borrows heavily from the flagship DJM and CDJ line of equipment. Full-sized jog wheels feature on-jog displays with played positioning.
The Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT introduces several new features including Merge FX and Jog Cutter scratch effects. Merge FX adds dramatic flair to your sets and allows you to easily mix different styles of music regardless of BPM or key.
Simply engage the Merge FX knob and turn to start building tension in the music. Once you’re ready to make a drop and move to the next track, simply press the Merge FX knob again.
You can customize each Merge FX type from a list of 41 FX types for each element (Build FX, Sample, Release FX, Drop Sample), and combine them to create more than 9000 different patterns.
Engage the Jog Cutter feature, and move the jog-wheel to add professional-sounding scratch effects to the last Hot Cue or playback position, when you engage and move.
There are 10 different scratch patterns, and you can switch from one to another simply by moving the play head position shown on the jog wheel’s display so that it points toward the angle of the scratch you want to use.
The ergonomic design features 8 multicolor and velocity-sensitive performance pads on each deck with four modes of operation including hot cue, roll, slicer, and sampler. You can load samples and tracks into Serato DJ Pro or rekordbox DJ and play with the onboard pads.
The center panel of the Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT is a 4-channel mixer with a built-in soundcard with stereo RCA master and booth outputs. A 1/4″ mic input with an attenuator and level controls is included for making announcements or performing live.
Two sets of headphone outputs (1/4″ and 3.5mm) are available for any style of headphone. The Pioneer DJ DDJ FLX6 GT 4 Channel DJ Controller ships with a USB cable, Serato DJ’s Pitch ‘n Time, and Serato DJ FX pack.
The updated Design with a Graphite Color Offers a Sophisticated Look
The layout of the controls on the Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT echoes the club-standard CDJ and DJM setup, allowing artists to perform intuitively. The Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT new matte-grey body and graphite-color jog wheels add a sophisticated look.
- Add drama to your sets, and easily mix different styles of music. No matter what the BPM or key of the next track is, you can create an exciting transition whenever you want. Simply press the knob and turn it as fast or as slowly as you like to start building up the tension in the music:
- Select a Merge FX Preset and press the knob: Choose one of the 4 assigned Merge FX patterns and press the knob to start building the tension
- Turn the Merge FX Knob: Increase the influence of the effect by simply turning the knob. Depending on the preset pattern you’ve chosen, the combination of different effects and samples are triggered at the same time
- Press the knob again to release the effect, then play the next track: When you’re ready to make a drop and move to your next track, simply press the knob again. The effect is released, and when one is assigned in the present, the sample plays. The track stops automatically, so all you need to do is hit play on the other deck to drop your next track
- Customize your Merge FX: In the new Merge FX section in Rekordbox (PC/Mac), you can customize each effect type and the samples used in each pattern to create your own variations. Choose from 41 types of effect for each element (Build FX, Build Sample, Release FX, and Drop Sample), and combine them to create more than 9000 different patterns
Jog Cutter: Create Pro-Sounding Scratch Effects One-Handedly
Turn on Jog Cutter and simply move the jog wheel to apply a professional-sounding scratch effect to the last Hot Cue or playback position you used on that deck. There are 10 different scratch patterns, and you can switch from one to another by simply moving the playhead position shown on the jog wheel’s display, to point toward the angle for the scratch you want to use
Full-Sized Jog Wheels with Track Position Display
Pitch bending and scratching feel natural thanks to the large jog wheels, which are the same size as those on the flagship CDJ-3000 multiplayer. Each one features an on-jog display too, so you can keep an eye on the played positions
Sample Scratch: Get Creative with Your Favorite Sounds
Sample Scratch is a new pad mode in Rekordbox, which enables you to choose sounds you’ve assigned to the sampler and load them onto the decks. So, when you want to create a live remix of a track, or simply want to add some texture to the music, you can scratch with your favorite sounds
Plug-and-Play Compatibility with Rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro
With a built-in sound card and support for DJ Performance functions in Rekordbox (equivalent to the Core plan) and Serato DJ Pro, all you need to do is connect the Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT via USB cable to a laptop that’s running either Rekordbox or Serato DJ Pro, and you can start DJing. You don’t need a paid subscription plan for either
Updated Aesthetic Design
The layout of the controls on the Pioneer DJ DDJ FLX6 GT 4 Channel DJ Controller is similar to that on the club-standard CDJ + DJM setup, so you can perform intuitively. However, this DJ controller introduces a fresh look, with a high-quality dark-gray-matte finish and redesigned jog wheels that will make your setup stand out
The mixer section has 4 channels, so you can freely create mashups or scratch on the fly
Built-In Sound Card (Audio Interface)
Thanks to a built-in sound card, the Pioneer DJ DDJ FLX6 GT 4 Channel DJ Controller connects straight to your speakers or amplifier via a single RCA cable. Plus you can record to rekordbox using the same USB connection
Hit the 8 back-lit rubber Performance Pads to trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump, and the sampler
Plug your Pioneer DDJ FLX6 GT into your PC/Mac and start DJing: There’s no need to install an audio driver
USB Bus Powered
Simply connect the controller to your computer using the included USB cable
Pitch ‘n Time DJ
The Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ Expansion Pack is included
The Serato FX Pack is included. Get creative with Single FX mode or Multi-FX mode for in-depth control