Rode NT1 5th Generation with XLR and USB for Recording, Podcasting, and Streaming
Featuring both an analog XLR connector and a digital USB-C connector, the black Rode NT1 5th Generation represents another major leap forward for this highly regarded large-diaphragm workhorse microphone. The dual connection options offer a new level of flexibility, allowing users without an audio interface to plug directly into the computer for recording, podcasting, and streaming duties courtesy of the onboard 32-bit floating point A to D converter. Of course, if you have an audio interface, podcasting station, or favorite microphone preamp, no problem—just connect the mic’s XLR output to your analog equipment and you’re good to go. Combining a true-condenser capsule, ultralow-noise circuitry, and extremely durable housing, the Rode NT1 5th Generation large-diaphragm cardioid microphone is well suited for high-resolution digital recording of vocal and instrument sources at home, in the studio, or even onstage.
Internally Shockmounted HF6 Cardioid Condenser Capsule
- Behind the protective mesh grille, the mic features Rode’s 1″ gold-sputtered HF6 capsule, designed to provide a detailed midrange response with smooth highs and warm bass.
- The cardioid polar pattern focuses audio capture on the source in front of the mic, picking up less unwanted ambient sound from the back and sides.
- The transducer itself is suspended inside the microphone using Rycote’s industry-leading Lyre system, minimizing external vibrations at the capsule level. The capsule is then married to high-grade electronics that have been designed to provide an extremely low noise level. The Rode NT1 5th Generation is an incredibly quiet microphone, measuring only 4 dBA of self-noise.
The mic is powered by phantom power through the XLR connector or by bus power through the USB-C port.
Revolution Preamp and 32-Bit Floating Point Converters
- Rode has equipped the digital side of the Rode NT1 5th Generation with some innovative features to ensure you get outstanding audio quality from the USB connection, beginning with the built-in Revolution preamp which provides plenty of ultralow-noise gain to feed the analog to digital converter.
- With its 32-bit floating point A to D converter, you’ll never need to worry about clipping again. The converter supplies such a high headroom and wide dynamic range that it’s virtually impossible to overload, allowing you to worry less about maintaining perfect recording levels and focus more on your creative work.
- Sampling rates of up to 192 kHz are supported.
- The Rode NT1 5th Generation is supplied with the SM6, a studio-grade suspension shock mount that provides isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
- The SM6 includes a removable pop shield with two axes of adjustment and a telescopic arm for ultimate application versatility.
- The mic also comes with a balanced XLR microphone cable and a USB-C to USB-C cable.
- A carrying pouch is also supplied.
Unlock More Creative Potential with the Rode App Suite
- Rode Central is an easy-to-use companion app for your Rode NT1 5th Generation, giving you access to its processing and effects, input gain control, and firmware updates.
- Customize the sound signature to suit your voice with advanced APHEX processing, including the legendary Aural Exciter and Big Bottom.
- After configuring your microphone in RØDE Central, these settings persist in order to be used with your DAW or other audio software.
- All audio processing is managed by the powerful DSP chip inside the microphone, which takes a load off your CPU.
- Rode Connect is a simple and powerful software solution for podcasting with the Rode NT1 5th Generation.
- Along with offering access to the microphone’s advanced DSP and firmware updates, this software lets you connect up to four Rode USB microphones to a single computer and features an intuitive interface for mixing and recording your podcast.
- Access powerful digital signal processing; including a noise gate, compressor, and the legendary APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom.
- The software provides a fully featured recording interface, complete with broadcast-style faders, level metering, mute buttons, and more.
- UNIFY is the ultimate virtual mixing software for streaming with your Rode NT1 5th Generation
- The software gives you supreme control over your audio, whether you’re a Twitch streamer, YouTuber, or content creator.
- Route your audio sources into one intuitive mixer, find your perfect sound with professional processing, create completely independent mixes, and record it all as multichannel audio for editing in post-production or simply output direct to OBS to stream it live.
- Say goodbye to DMCA and other copyright issues with UNIFY’s in-built multichannel recording feature. Record every track as a separate audio file, allowing you to mix the perfect, copyright-safe content for any platform, whether it be Twitch VODs, Clips, or YouTube cuts.