Taylor Baby Mahogany BT2 Acoustic Guitar, aka, the Baby Taylor is the 3/4 size Dreadnought that is ultra-portable travel mate belies its size with a sweet, full voice and great tone. It’s remarkably versatile for special applications, whether played in alternate tunings or high-strung; with a capo or a slide. And it’s the perfect starter guitar for young kids.
An alternate version of the original Baby Taylor substitutes a solid mahogany top, giving this 3/4-size dreadnought a dark, attractive complexion and a mid-range boost.
Taylor Baby Mahogany BT2 Acoustic Guitar Wood
A mahogany top adds extra mid-range punch, often described as a “bluesy edge,” to the tone of the Baby Mahogany.
Taylor Baby Mahogany BT2 Acoustic Guitar Type: 3/4 Size Dreadnought
At 3/4 the scale of a full-sized Taylor Dreadnought, the body of a Baby Taylor is compact yet still full on tone.
Taylor Guitar Baby Finish: Varnish
A durable varnish finish offers protection, good looks, and a smooth feel to the touch.
Taylor Guitar Baby Mahogany Features:
- 6-String 3/4 Size Dreadnought
- Back & Sides: Layered Sapele
- Top: Tropical American Mahogany
- Sound hole Rosette: Laser-Etched
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Pearled Dots
- Headstock Overlay: Lexan
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Tus Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Enclosed, Die-Cast Chrome Plated
- Scale Length: 22 3/4 Inches
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1 11/16 Inches
- Number of Frets: 19
- Bracing: X-Brace
- Finish: Varnish
- Body Width: 12 1/2 Inches
- Body Depth: 3 3/8 Inches
- Body Length: 15 3/4 Inches
- Overall Length: 33 3/4 Inches
- Case: Gig Bag