Thinly Coated for Durable Tone
D’Addario XSE1052 XS Nickel-plated strings bring the company’s cutting-edge XS-coated formula to the electric guitar for the first time. These strings yield iconic D’Addario tone, but with a longer lifespan that ages gracefully. The ultra-thin XS coating not only preserves tone and longevity, but it also addresses common guitar player gripes about coated strings with their reduced string noise, lightning-fast playability, and superior resistance to fraying. Guitar players agree: if you’re looking for coated guitar strings that sound great and give you longer hours of playtime, D’Addario XSE1052 Nickel-plated Steels are a clear winner.
NY steel core with Fusion Twist steels
Inside each XS nickel string is a NY Steel core — the same as you’ll find on a set of your favorite NYXLs or XTs electric guitar strings. This angular core gives the wrap wire more surface to grab on to, resulting in better tone and intonation. Plus, XS strings also feature D’Addario’s Fusion Twist technology, a process that prevents slack in each string’s winding, ensuring it stays more in tune and lasts longer.
Engineered for graceful aging
D’Addario XSE1052 sets aren’t your ordinary coated guitar strings. Both the wound strings and plain steels feature groundbreaking thin film coatings. This eliminates that awkward stage common to other coated strings where your bottom strings far outlast your top strings.
D’Addario XSE1052 Nickel Electric Guitar String Features:
- Light top/heavy bottom set for balanced depth and playability
- Ultra-thin film coating extends string life between changes
- Smooth, sleek feel on the fingers
- Long-lasting great tone with rich harmonics, clarity, and definition
- Fusion Twist technology enhances tuning stability
- NY Steel hex core delivers superior intonation and stability
- Digitally controlled winding ensures consistency from set to set
- Gauges .010, .013, .017, .030, .042, .052