Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console
Smartly designed for more than podcasting, the Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console integrated audio production studio expands on the success of its predecessor with enhancements in sound, connectivity, and adaptability pushing its feature set into attractive territory for live streamers, gamers, and musically inclined content creators.
This all-in-one solution makes advanced effortless with fluid workflows via a large touchscreen and tactile controls, studio-quality onboard processing, multitrack recording and mixing, assignable sound pads, and extensive customization.
Produce and mix on the fly in just moments, with up to four microphones (including two wireless), music, prerecorded segments, and remote guests on calls, all going on at once.
Version Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console Upgrades
- Premium boutique-class preamps with a ground-up redesign and mic/line/instrument combo inputs
- Customizable mixer with RGB color coding
- Extensively programmable SMART pads for launching sounds, shows, mixer actions, and more
- iOS-ready dual USB Type-C ports to connect multiple computers or mobile devices
- Advanced high-quality Bluetooth input/output, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet
- 2 built-in wireless receivers (one on each mic channel) compatible with Rode Series IV wireless devices including Wireless GO II and Wireless ME transmitters.
4 High-End Preamps
- Built to compete with pricey, boutique microphone preamplifiers, the Revolution preamps deliver transparency and detail with ultralow noise (just -131.5 dBV) and incredible gain of up to 76 dB, which enables ideal recording levels, even for low-output dynamic mics—no mic boosters, lifters, or normalization needed.
- Pro-grade Neutrik XLR-1/4″ combo jacks provide connection points for microphones (+48V phantom power is available for condenser mics), line-level sources, or instruments such as electric guitars and bass. Pairs of analog input channels can be linked to easily record stereo mic setups, synths, DJ mixers, or outboard gear
Studio-Quality Processing and Effects
- Authentic emulations of classic APHEX hardware processors are onboard—Aural Exciter elevates clarity and sheen, Big Bottom adds warm and deep low-frequency punch, and Compellor glues it all together with compression/leveling—as well as other widely used processors including a reverb, delay, pitch shifter, equalizer, high-pass filter, noise gate, de-esser, robot effects, and more.
- Use the VoxLab editor to quickly manipulate parameters on several processors via three intuitive controls, or access the advanced editor (on-screen or with a computer) for intricate editing. Use presets, save your own presets, and load them at any time to immediately call up your favorite settings.
8 Programmable SMART Pads
- In place of the original model’s sound pads, the Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console has programmable SMART pads. Each SMART pad can trigger audio files such as music or sound bites, activate special effects, send MIDI commands to software or hardware, or execute mixer functions like fades, music ducking, and bleeping.
- Bank switching buttons beneath the pads allow easy access to eight banks for a total of 64 unique actions.
- Select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Customizable Multichannel Mixer
- The 9-channel mixer features 6 channels with full-size broadcast-quality physical faders and three virtual channels, with the option to expand via digital hosting and hardware integrations with future updates.
- Physical faders and virtual channels are freely assignable to the four analog inputs, USB and Bluetooth interfaces, and SMART pads.
- Each channel offers a pan control, mute button, and listen button (pre- or after-fader solo). With channel-specific color coding on the Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console, you’re assured of fast identification of your sources.
Stereo or Multitrack Recording
- Record stereo or individual multitrack files to a microSD card or USB storage such as an external drive.
- Choose uncompressed WAV format for maximum audio quality or MP3 format to save storage space and extend recording time only in Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console
- Use the Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console as a high-quality USB audio interface to stream/record to a computer with ultrafast data transfer.
- Rode RODECaster Pro II Production Console runs at 24-bit / 48 kHz, the industry standard for video production.