Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface is a high-performance 2×2 USB Type-C audio interface designed by respected experts for musicians, producers, voiceover artists, and more.
The Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface edition not only boasts a fresh exterior but also new wonders inside, such as improved sonics and audio loopback for content creators.
The Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface boasts a single Class-A mic preamp of the same design found in Audient’s world-class consoles, ensuring gold-star treatment for your dynamic or phantom-powered condenser microphones.
A harmonically rich JFET 1/4″ instrument input is also provided, so you can plug your guitar or bass directly into the interface and get the character of valve amplifiers.
Outfitted with 24-bit / 96 kHz AD/DA converters, the iD4 delivers premium accuracy while remaining natural and musical, devoid of problems caused by distortion and unstable clocking.
Zero-latency monitoring is made possible through the adjustable monitor mix, which features a single knob to set the balance of the live input signal and the output from your DAW.
With stereo 1/4″ monitor outputs, two headphone outputs (3.5mm and 1/4″), and comprehensive console-style monitor control, the iD4 interface lets you listen to your content in high quality, and smoothly adjust your levels, and access dim, cut, and more.
Plus, there’s the revolutionary ScrollControl, a function that can be used to control anything over which your mouse pointer hovers.
DAW software, virtual instruments, samples, cabinet simulation, and more are included to get you started on your path toward achieving polished productions.
The Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface can be powered via USB from your Mac/Windows computer, no external power supply is needed.
For operation with an iOS mobile device such as an iPad or iPhone, all you need is an Apple Camera Adapter Kit and a powered USB hub (both available separately) and you’re ready to start recording anywhere.
What’s New in the Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface
- Redesigned appearance
- USB Type-C connectivity
- USB 3.0 bus-powered
- Improved audio performance specs
- Powerful headphone amp capable of driving headphones up to 600 ohms
- Audio loopback for content creators
Class-A Microphone Preamp
The Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface USB Type-C incorporates a Class-A microphone preamp design developed by legend David Dearden and optimized over 20 years of refinement. It features a high-grade opamp design that delivers low noise, low distortion, and high common-mode rejection at all gain levels.
The analog I/O includes one XLR-1/4″ combo mic/line input and a harmonically rich JFET DI input, which is designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier—plug your guitar, bass, keyboard, or drum machine straight in and start recording instantly.
With balanced 1/4″ stereo speaker outputs and dual headphone outputs (3.5mm and 1/4″), you can enjoy clear and convenient monitoring through your favorite headphones and active monitors. You can even connect two sets of headphones for jamming with a friend.
Audio loopback enables you to capture playback from applications on your computer at the same time as your microphones, an ideal function for content creators, podcasters, and streamers.
With a touch of a button, the Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface USB Type-C volume encoder becomes a virtual scroll wheel that allows you to adjust DAW hosts, plug-in parameters, iD4’s mixer app, and even scroll through your iTunes library.
Wherever your mouse pointer hovers, the iD knob can scroll to control.
When not using the virtual scroll wheel, the iD button can be assigned to control the unit’s monitoring features such as dim, polarity reverse, mono sum, talkback, and more.
Console-Style Monitor Controller
Take advantage of the onboard console-style monitor control functions including dim, cut, and big-knob level control; features you’d normally only find in far more expensive interfaces.
The Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface Mix feature lets you monitor a blend of both iD4’s inputs and your DAW playback, providing near-zero latency monitoring while recording. Designed with creativity in mind, Monitor Mix allows you to quickly blend in your DAW playback and start recording along to your multitrack instantly, enabling you to focus on the music and lay down your track effortlessly.
Use the Monitor Pan feature to pan both the mic pre-input and DI input from left to right, making it easy for you to create a balanced headphone mix that suits you. Quickly plugin set up a headphone mix, and start tracking, perfect for singer-songwriters and producers on the go.
Mac, Windows, and iOS Compatibility
The Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface USB Type-C can be powered via USB from your Mac/Windows computer, no external power supply is needed.
For operation with an iOS mobile device such as an iPad or iPhone, all you need is an Apple Camera Adapter Kit and a powered USB hub (both available separately), and you’re ready to start recording anywhere.
Thanks to all-metal construction, aluminum knobs, and high-grade component selection, the Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface USB Type-C can stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road.
- Compatible with all major audio software and plug-ins, the iD4 comes bundled with a collection of professional software, giving you everything you need to start recording.
- Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE 3: turn your Mac/Windows computer or iPad into an easy-to-use music studio with all the basic tools for recording, editing, and mixing everything from the initial musical idea to the final track.
- Steinberg Retrologue 2: this virtual instrument emulates the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers, producing a wealth of sounds that will inspire you time and again.
- Waldorf Edition 2 LE: software emulations of three classic Waldorf products, including the legendary synth PPG Wave 2, drum module Attack, and filter D-pole.
- Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound: a speaker and miking simulation plug-in with eight carefully selected cab emulations, including emulations of MesaBoogie, Fender, and Ampeg.
- GForce M-Tron Pro LE: an industry-standard emulation of the classic Mellotron tape playback keyboard.
- The Sample Boutique from Loopmasters: over 2GB of drum loops, synth loops, vocal loops, and more.
- Produce Like a Pro: three free online courses full of valuable insight and techniques.
- Subito piano: get 20 minutes of time (at no extra cost) recording your MIDI tracks on a real grand piano through a specifically designed and fully automated studio, all over the web.