MOTU M2-2×2 USB-C Audio Interface If you want a professional-quality audio interface at a wallet-friendly price, consider the MOTU M2-2×2 USB-C Audio Interface device designed for recording, mixing, podcasting, and more.
Offering loopback connections that allow podcasters to record skype calls with absolutely no fuss, the M2 can feed audio to both computers and iOS devices, thanks to its USB-C connection.
MOTU M2-2×2 USB-C Audio Interface;
With two XLR-1/4″ inputs, the M2 can handle microphones, line-level instruments, or Hi-Z instruments such as guitars and basses. Selectable phantom power is on hand for your condenser mics, and the preamps are exceedingly clean, with an EIN of -129 dB;
This ensures you only hear the instrument or voice being captured, rather than any noise from the preamp. Whether you need a clear-sounding vocal for a podcast, or a transparently-recorded guitar for a mix, the M2 will deliver the goods.
Professional-Level Audio Quality
Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC technology found in audio interfaces the pros use, the MOTU M2-2×2 USB-C Audio Interface delivers 120 dB of dynamic range on its main outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone output. Ultraclean preamp circuits produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs; this means while recording, you’ll only hear the mic, not the mic pre.
MOTU M2-2×2 USB-C Audio Interface Feature;
- 2 input / 2 output USB Type-C audio interface with professional-level sound
- ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology
- Ultralow latency for host software processing
- Easy-to-read metering for all inputs/outputs, with a full-color LCD
- 2 XLR-1/4″ mic/line/Hi-Z guitar inputs
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each input
- Hardware direct monitoring for each input (mono or stereo)
- -129 dB EIN on mic inputs
- 2 balanced, DC-coupled 1/4″ TRS outputs
- 120 dB dynamic range on outputs
- 2 RCA unbalanced analog outs, mirrored
- 1 headphone output, driven by ESS converters, with independent volume control
- MIDI I/O over 5-pin DIN jacks
- 24-bit support for sample rates between 44.1 to 192 kHz
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.5 round-trip latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz)
- Optional Mac driver for 2.5 ms round-trip latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz), as well as loopback features
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming, and podcasting
- Bus powered USB Type-C with power switch (USB cable included, compatible with USB Type-A)
- Rugged metal construction
- MOTU Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite software included
- Over 100 instruments in Performer Lite
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples, and one-shots
- Kensington security slot