The Universal Audio Apollo Solo is a compact desktop 2×4 interface designed for use in project/home studios and mobile recording setups. Connecting to your Mac/Windows computer over Thunderbolt 3, the unit provides two combination XLR-1/4” connections for mic/line sources, as well as a 1/4″ input specifically tailored for electric guitars and basses. Two Unison preamps are on hand, each of which lets you color the incoming sound through Universal Audio’s preeminent modeling plug-ins. So, if you want the sound of a Neve or an API on your guitar or vocal, you can purchase one of the company’s appropriate plug-ins and use them as you record, committing their sound to the resulting audio capture.
The Apollo Solo sports two 1/4″ output connections for your monitors as well as a dedicated headphone output. Whether you monitor through your speakers or through headphones, you’ll experience near-zero latency performance, meaning you can play through UAD emulations without the processing interfering with your performance or timing.
The interface, which is bus-powered over Thunderbolt, features an onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor, giving you some dedicated DSP for operating the plug-ins. This unit is designed to be portable, with its all-metal construction and convenient desktop form factor. Included with the Apollo Solo is the Realtime Analog Classics bundle from UAD, whose specific plug-ins can be perused in the features section. The Apollo Solo also integrates seamlessly with LUNA, Universal Audio’s free Mac-based, single-window recording system with unlimited track counts and full Audio Units support.
Please note, the Apollo Solo requires a powered Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer in order to operate. Refer to the manufacturer’s website to verify your computer’s compatibility.
Key Features at a Glance
- Desktop 2×4 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with 24-bit / 192 kHz audio conversion
- Two XLR-1/4″ combo mic/line inputs
- 1/4″ Hi-Z instrument input
- Two 1/4″ monitor outputs
- Front-panel 1/4″ headphone output
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Marshall, Fender, and more
- Realtime UAD-2 SOLO Processing for near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer settings
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, guitar amp emulations, and more as part of Realtime Analog Classics bundle
- Convenient desktop form factor
- Bus-powered over Thunderbolt
- Connects to a Thunderbolt 3 port on your compatible Mac or Windows computer
Integration with LUNA Recording System for Mac
Apollo Solo works with all major DAWs including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. Additionally, it becomes a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful free recording application for Mac from Universal Audio. Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, LUNA lets you track and mix in an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, full Audio Unit support, and access to a suite of exclusive LUNA Instruments and Extensions such as Studer multitrack tape and Neve Summing.
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Raw Distortion Guitar Pedal
- Teletronix LA-2A Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176LN Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Compressor (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Channel Strip
- Realverb Pro