The Zoom TAC-2 is a compact 2-in, 2-out bus-powered Thunderbolt audio interface that allows for ultra-low latency and supports audio up to 24-bit/192kHz. It features two balanced XLR/TRS inputs with 48V phantom power, a Hi-Z input jack for electric guitars and basses and two balanced TRS outputs for connecting an amplifier or powered speakers.
The TAC-2 also features a Burr Brown PCM4202 analog-to-digital converter with mic preamps that provide up to +60dB of amplification. It uses the AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter to provide high-quality output to your monitors, and thanks to the Thunderbolt connectivity, provides lower latency than is possible with USB 3.0.
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Dedicated headphone jack with independent level control
- 7-position LED metering for input, output and headphone volume
- 4x up-sampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Simple user interface-all operations controlled by a single rotary knob
- Bus powered–no AC power required
- Downloadable TAC-2 MixEfx software allows you to set mix parameters and add high-quality effects such as reverb and echo