The Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB is a compact desktop 2×4 interface designed for use in project/home studios and mobile recording setups. Connecting to your Windows computer over USB 3.0 Type-C, the unit provides two combination XLR-1/4” connections for mic/line sources, as well as a 1/4″ input specifically tailored for electric guitars and basses. Two Unison preamps are on hand, each of which lets you color the incoming sound through Universal Audio’s preeminent modeling plug-ins. So, if you want the sound of a Neve or an API on your guitar or vocal, you can purchase one of the company’s appropriate plug-ins and use them as you record, committing their sound to the resulting audio capture.
The Apollo Solo USB sports two 1/4″ output connections for your monitors, as well as a dedicated headphone output. Whether you monitor through your speakers or through headphones, you’ll experience near-zero latency performance, meaning you can play through UAD emulations without the processing interfering with your performance or timing.
The interface features an onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor, giving you some dedicated DSP for operating the plug-ins. This unit is designed to be portable, with its all-metal construction and convenient desktop form factor. Included with the Apollo Solo USB is the Realtime Analog Classics bundle from UAD, whose specific plug-ins can be perused in the features section.
Please note, the Apollo Solo USB requires an external power supply and a USB 3.0 port on your Windows computer in order to operate. Refer to the manufacturer’s website to verify your computer’s compatibility.
Key Features at a Glance
- Desktop 2×4 USB 3.0 Type-C audio interface with 24-bit / 192 kHz audio conversion
- Two XLR-1/4″ combo mic/line inputs
- One 1/4″ Hi-Z instrument input
- Two 1/4″ monitor outputs
- Front-panel 1/4″ headphone output
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Marshall, Fender, and more
- Realtime UAD-2 SOLO Processing for near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer settings
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, guitar amp emulations, and more as part of Realtime Analog Classics bundle
- Convenient desktop form factor
- Connects to a USB 3.0 port on your compatible Windows computer
- Powered via 12 VDC external power supply
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Raw Distortion Guitar Pedal
- Teletronix LA-2A Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176LN Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Compressor (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Channel Strip
- Realverb Pro